Warriors And Rebels
Welcome to Warriors And Rebels, please watch your language and use your manners, if not you will be removed form the server and forums
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Banned for no reason?
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 am by Hajidub

» Please tell me why I got banned ?
Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:24 pm by mr1911

» GAMBLE would like to join WAR
Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 pm by GAMBLE

» Mookie Would Like To Join {war}
Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 am by B.A.R. Brawler

» hello everyone
Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm by B.A.R. Brawler

» Warriors And Rebels Code Of Honor
Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:14 am by 8-ball

» Nice game people.
Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:45 pm by CartMan

»  Like to Join up
Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:57 am by 8-ball

» banned, but not sure why
Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 pm by SLAYER

DoD Tweaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DoD Tweaks

Post by mike on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:41 am

Ok well Stinger bought it to my attention that some of you don't really know a lot of tweaks.. As you guys say that I am good at dod, reason is because of practice and of course using the right settings.

Configing your router optimely for dod
1. Go to Internet Explorer and type in 192.168.1.1 which is the default router ip for most routers. If it is not go to Control Panel>Network Connections and Settings and find you connection. Right click and click Properties. Once in the Local Area Network Connection Settings click Details and find it there.
Just incase I might be wrong on that, contact your router companies tech support.

2. Now that we have that down.. login into to your router.. Default Username is Admin and default pass is password. If that it is not the case, contact whoever manages your home connection and router settings.

3. Now i have a Verizon FIOS router so this may be different for most of you. But what you want to do is Port Foward your router. To do this you can follow what i write here or go to http://portforward.com/

Ok so now to do this I want to click on Enable Games and Applications, Find the computer listed that I play on, and click Edit as my action. Now I am going to select Half Life Servers whose ports are UDP Any -> 27015 and then I will click apply and click logout. I am really not sure about Linksys, Belkin, or Netgear routers so i strongly suggesting going to the link i typed above and finding your router model.

Config Editing

1. Right click on Start Menu and click Explore. Now go to C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/youruseraccount/day of defeat/dod

2. In that folder you will find a file called config and you will double click it and open it with notepad. What we want to do here is turn some commands on we might need. Navigate to cl_cmdrate and make that 101 and navigate to cl_updaterate and make it 101. Find a command called hud_fastswitch and turn that to 1. Now save your changes then right click on it and click properties. Check the Read-Only box and click apply and ok.

3. In this step we will make a file called userconfig.cfg. This is so the server we play in doesn't overwrite out config and cause rate changes and anything that could alter your settings. So go to your desktop and right click and go to new and click text document. Now what we want to add here is our rates and info.

Rate "25000"
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_updaterate "101"
ex_interp "0.01"
hud_fastswitch "1"
cl_particlefx "0"
Bind "F2" "stopsound"
Bind "F1" "timeleft"

After you type all that in, click Save As and name it userconfig.cfg

4. Now drag your userconfig.cfg into the folder where your config.cfg is. Right click on config.cfg and click Properties. Uncheck the Read-Only box click apply and ok. Now open it, scroll all the way down, and type in exec userconfig.cfg

5. Now click File>Save and now exit your config.cfg. Right click on it and click Properties again and check the Read-Only box and click apply and ok. Now find your userconfig.cfg and right click on it. Click Properties and check the Read-Only box and click apply and ok.

New Custom Crosshair

1. Now we will get you a custom dod crosshair. Go to dodmovies.net/customfiles and find the section that says croshairs. I know mispelled but what can ya do?

2. Download whichever crosshair pack catches your fancy and make sure your have WinRAR or 7-Zip. If you don't just google 7-Zip and use that.

3. Now that you installed whichever program you like to open up .rar and .zip files, open it and extract the customxhair.spr file to your C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/yourusername/day of defeat/dod/sprites

4. Open up DoD and click New Game to make your own servers. Go to console and type in cl_xhair_style 2 for example and just change the value from 2-16 until you find a crosshair you like.

5. Now that you found the crosshair you like take your userconfig.cfg off of read only and open it. Scroll down to the last line and type in cl_xhair_style #. Note to replace # with the numerical number of the xhair you like. After thats done save and exit and make userconfig.cfg read only again.

6. NOW FOR YOU TO GO INTO DOD AND SHOOT SOME HEADS! Smile

GUIDE COPYRIGHTED BY MIKE OF WAR CLAN DO NOT CLAIM THIS WORK AS YOURS OR I WILL FIND YOU! ONLY HAS PERMISSION TO BE ON warriorsandrebels.playogame.com

mike
Visitor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum